About NCS Conservation
What is NCS conservation?
An independent affiliate of NGC, Numismatic Conservation Services (NCS) was established in 2001 as the world's first professional coin conservation service. NCS conservation removes harmful surface contaminants, stabilizes a coin for long-term preservation and can dramatically improve a coin's eye appeal. After conservation by NCS, coins can be seamlessly transferred to NGC for grading.
Learn more about Numismatic Conservation Services >
What coins can benefit from NCS conservation?
NCS conservation removes harmful surface contaminants and stabilizes a coin's surfaces. Coins with PVC and other types of residue, haze, encrustations, or unattractive or artificial toning are usually excellent candidates for NCS conservation. To learn more and see examples, click here.
How much does NCS conservation cost?
Professional conservation from NCS is 4% of the coin's Fair Market Value (FMV) ($25 minimum) but some modern and gold coins are eligible for discounted services that provide both NCS conservation and NGC grading for a flat fee.
NCS Services & Fees >
Does NCS offer any type of guarantee?
NCS does not provide grade protection or any type of grade guarantee for coins submitted to NCS. NCS evaluates every coin in order to determine whether that coin will benefit from conservation. If NCS believes that the coin will not benefit from conservation, the coin will not be conserved and will be transferred directly to NGC for grading. PCGS-graded coins submitted for CrossOver will not be transferred to NGC in the event that they cannot be conserved.
In rare instances, NCS conservation may reveal additional issues that were previously hidden by residue or other surface contaminants. None of the techniques used by NCS will cause such issues. However, the submitter acknowledges that the conservation services provided by NCS may not prevent the coin from grading lower or receiving no grade by a coin -grading company.
What happens when NCS evaluates a coin?
NCS evaluates every coin submitted for NCS conservation services to determine whether it believes the coin will benefit from conservation. Special handling, detailed below, applies to submissions of NGC and PCGS-certified coins.
- If NCS believes that a coin will benefit from conservation, the coin will be conserved and then transferred to NGC for grading.
- If NCS believes that a coin will not benefit from conservation, the coin will not be conserved. In this case, raw (not holdered) coins will be transferred directly to NGC for grading. Only the NGC grading fees will apply.
- If NCS believes that an NGC or PCGS-certified coin will not benefit from conservation, the coin will not be conserved and will be left in its original holder and returned to the submitter. The coin will not be transferred to NGC and the NGC grading fees will be refunded less a $5 processing fee.
- However, if NCS believes that a PCGS-certified coin will not benefit from conservation but will likely receive the same grade (or a higher grade) with NGC, the coin will not be conserved and will be transferred to NGC for CrossOver. Only the NGC grading fees will apply.
- *Please note that while NCS will attempt to accommodate special requests from submitters it can’t be responsible if any special requests are not fulfilled.
Does submitting to NCS mean that I will get a higher grade at NGC?
Submitting a coin to NCS for conservation does not mean that it will get a higher grade at NGC (i.e., be "upgraded"). NCS conservation will improve a coin's eye appeal and stabilize its surfaces. In some cases, coins may receive a higher grade at NGC after NCS conservation, but this is not guaranteed.
Can NCS add "red" to copper coins?
A copper coin's color can change naturally over time from red (noted as "RD" on the NGC certification label) to red brown ("RB") to brown ("BN"). This is an irreversible process and NCS conservation cannot change the BN, RB or RD designations assigned to copper coins.
How do I contact NCS?
You can contact NCS by calling or emailing NGC Customer Service. For our contact information, click here.
Still not finding an answer? Contact NGC Customer Service at 1-800-NGC-COIN, 1-941-360-3990 or service@NGCCoin.com.