See highlights of Champion Gallery's upcoming Hong Kong Auction to be held on April 1, 2009.
Champion Gallery’s upcoming April 1 auction, to be held in Hong Kong, features an important offering of Chinese ancient and modern coins, a number of them belonging to a collection formed in the early 1970s to mid 1990s. Offered from this collection is the finest known 1867 Shanghai Tael with rays pattern stuck at the Hong Kong Mint (Kann 912) graded NGC PF 65. This pattern tael was obtained by private treaty in the early 1980s. Among the other highlights are:
- A choice crown, Empire 1907 Dollar NGC MS 63
- Another choice crown, 1904 Hupeh Tael NGC MS 63
- Extremely rare 1930 Shanghai Mint Competition Medal with experimental security edge from the 1991 Goodman collection NGC MS 64
- Very Rare Republic 1936 Silver Half Dollar with Sun Yat Sen and Spade Coin design (Kann 633) NGC MS 62
- 1890 Pattern Kwangtung One Cash (CCC-779) NGC SP 64
Highlights can be seen in a Web gallery on NGC’s site. Click to see the Champion Gallery Hong Kong Auction Gallery. The auction can be viewed on Champion’s Web site.