Part I of the New England Collection of Brazilian Coins features NGC-certified coins.
[WINTER PARK, FL] — We are honored to present Part I of the New England Collection of Brazilian Coins in our upcoming Treasure and World Coin Auction #13. This well put-together type collection covers some of the most difficult areas of Brazilian coins, mainly from the Bahia mint, which is by far rarer than Rio, with many finest-known pieces and unique dates and varieties.
The core of the collection was acquired in the 1940s to 1970s, many handled and resold by the famous numismatist Kurt Prober. The New England Collection will be remembered for its unique key pieces and the quality of coins that are rarely found in such nice condition.
These coins will be auctioned on May 1, 2013, by Daniel Frank Sedwick, LLC. For more information regarding the online or printed catalogs, please contact us at email@example.com or call at 407.975.3325. All the coin lots will be available for viewing at the CICF Chicago International Coin Fair, April 18-21, 2013, at the Crowne Plaza Chicago O’Hare, 5440 North River Road, Rosemont, Illinois 60018.
Treasure and World Coin Auction #13 will take place LIVE on the Internet via iCollector.com.
Please visit www.auction.sedwickcoins.com and click on “Get Approved” to register now. We will email you a few weeks prior to the auction to let you know when the lots are up on our site.
NGC highlights include:
- Brazil (Rio mint), 2000 reis, Pedro II, 1699/5, encapsulated NGC MS 62, finest known specimen graded by NGC. R-O029c
- Brazil (Bahia mint), 4000 reis, Joao V, 1724-B, rope rim, encapsulated NGC MS 65, finest known specimen graded by NGC. R-O070
- Brazil (Bahia mint), 6400 reis, Joao V, 1750-B, encapsulated NGC MS 62. R-O150
- Brazil 1000 reis, Jose I, 1752, “IOSEPHUS”, encapsulated NGC MS 66, finest specimen known graded by NGC, rare. R-309
- Brazil 4000 reis, Jose I, 1776, dots over clovers instead of flowers, V instead of U, encapsulated NGC MS 63, finest known graded by NGC. Similar to R-326A, unlisted combination.
- Brazil (Bahia mint), 1600 reis, Jose I, 1768-B, encapsulated NGC AU 58, finest known graded by NGC, extremely rare. R-362
- Brazil 10,000 reis, Pedro II, 1834, encapsulated NGC AU 58. R-616
- Brazil 10,000 reis, 1909, encapsulated NGC MS 61. R-703
The thoughts and opinions in the piece are those of their author and are not necessarily the thoughts of the Certified Collectibles Group.