The four-coin 50th Anniversary Kennedy Half Dollar Silver Coin Collection is now available. Submit your coins for NGC's special large-size label. Important Update: The US Mint has announced that the 2014 50th Anniversary Kennedy Half Dollar Silver Coin Collection, which is available now, will be limited to just 300,000 sets.
The 2014 High Relief Silver Kennedy Half Dollar 50th Anniversary four-coin set is the most hotly anticipated modern coin release since 2011's sell-out 25th Anniversary Silver Eagle Set. The US Mint has announced that the Silver Kennedy Half Dollar 50th Anniversary set will go on sale October 28 with 150,000 sets ready to ship. NGC will offer its popular Early Releases and First Releases designations only for those coins received by NGC within 30 days of their release so don't delay!
The October 28th release of the Silver Kennedy four-coin set will complete the US Mint’s issuance of seven Kennedy commemoratives during 2014:
Click image to enlarge.
- A 1964-2014-W High Relief Proof Gold Half Dollar
- A 2014-P High Relief Proof Silver Half Dollar
- A 2014-W High Relief Reverse Proof Silver Half Dollar
- A 2014-S High Relief Enhanced Finish Specimen Silver Half Dollar
- A 2014-D High Relief Specimen Silver Half Dollar
- A 2014-P High Relief Specimen Clad Half Dollar
- A 2014-D High Relief Specimen Clad Half Dollar
All of the 50th anniversary Kennedy half dollars feature the original higher relief design used for the 1964 Kennedy half dollars. The gold half dollar is further distinguished by the dual dates of 1964 and 2014, reminiscent of the 1776-1976 bicentennial Kennedy half dollar.
NGC has created a special large-sized label to enhance the presentation of these exciting new releases. The NGC label features an iconic portrait of John F. Kennedy, the 35th President of the United States, along with his famous quote: “Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.”
The submission instructions listed below must be followed when submitting the Kennedy 50th anniversary half dollars for regular submissions (including Early Releases/First Releases):
Submission Instructions (Incl. Early Releases/First Releases):
- Submit the silver 50th anniversary half dollars (released October 28th) under the Early Bird Tier or higher (Add $5 per coin for Early Releases or First Releases designation).
Submit the clad 50th anniversary half dollars under the Modern Special Tier or higher. Submit the gold 50th anniversary half dollar under the Express Tier or higher. (Select Early Bird after the Early/First Releases cutoff date.)
Submit the silver 50th anniversary half dollars under the Early Bird Tier or higher (Add $5 per coin for Early Releases or First Releases designation).
ANA on-site grading fees are $50 per coin for the clad half dollars and $100 per coin for the gold half dollars.
- Remove the coins from the US Mint packaging and submit them raw in capsules. Do not send the Mint packaging.
- All coins that arrive at NGC during the Early Releases period will automatically be labeled as “Early Releases.” To request “First Releases,” write “First Releases” on the submission form.
- The default label for the Kennedy 50th anniversary commemorative coins will be the “Ask Not” label.
* * *
* * *
To request the blue Early Releases label (shown below), write “Blue Early Releases Label” on the submission form.
* * *
To request the blue First Releases label (shown below), write “Blue First Releases Label” on the submission form.
* * *To request NGC’s standard brown label (shown below), write “Brown Label” on the submission form.
- If you would like Mint capsules returned, select “Return packaging” in the Services box on the submission form.
Dealers and Elite Collectors Society members should contact Scott Heller at NGC for bulk submissions.
Questions? Contact NGC Customer Service at service@NGCcoin.com or 1-800-NGC-COIN (1-800-642-2646).
Collectors Society paid members can submit their coins directly to NGC. Not an NGC Collectors Society member? Paid memberships start at just $39/year. Join as a Premium member, or upgrade to Premium membership, and you'll receive a coupon to have five coins graded for free. Join today.
The following information applies only to the Clad and Gold Half Dollars:
ANA Sales Note: The US Mint will release the 1964-2014-W High Relief Proof Gold Half Dollar and the 2014-P and D High Relief Specimen Clad Half Dollars at the ANA show. NGC will designate these coins with the “ANA INAUGURAL RELEASES” pedigree. Clad Half Dollars must be submitted in pairs. Coins must be purchased at the US Mint booth and submitted to NGC at the ANA show to receive this special pedigree. Original purchase receipt required. ANA on-site grading fees are $50 per coin for the clad half dollars and $100 per coin for the gold half dollars. NGC's on-site grading and encapsulation of US coins is from Tuesday, August 5, 2014 to Friday, August 8, 2014 at 12:00 p.m. Regular submissions will be accepted until 12:00 p.m. on Saturday, August 9. Cut off times may change due to submission volumes.
"First Day of Issue" Note: NGC will offer its "FIRST DAY OF ISSUE" designation for 2014 High Relief 50th Anniversary Kennedy Half Dollars that are purchased on the first day of sales. The original US Mint purchase receipt must be included. Please follow the submission instructions and requirements below:
- 2014-P and D High Relief Clad Half Dollars must be received by NGC on or before Monday, July 28, to receive the "First Day of Issue" designation. Select the Early Bird Tier or higher and specify "First Day of Issue" on the submission form. US Mint purchase receipt must be dated July 24.
- 1964-2014-W High Relief Gold Half Dollars must be received by NGC on or before Wednesday, August 6, to receive the "First Day of Issue" designation. Select the WalkThrough Tier and specify "First Day of Issue" on the submission form. US Mint purchase receipt must be dated August 5. If requested by the submitter, NGC will designate the purchase location, as applicable, with: First Day - Chicago ANA, First Day - Philadelphia, First Day - Denver and First Day - Washington, DC . To qualify, coins must be submitted from the purchase location and received by NGC on or before Wednesday, August 6.