The recently announced Kennedy Half Dollar 50th anniversary coins will receive a special large-size NGC label when submitted for encapsulation.
The US Mint has announced seven new special issue coins that will mark the 50th anniversary of the popular Kennedy half dollar. The new coins are:
- A 1964-2014-W High Relief Proof Gold Half Dollar
- A 2014-P High Relief Proof Silver Half Dollar
- A 2014-W High Relief Reverse Proof Silver Half Dollar
- A 2014-S High Relief Enhanced Uncirculated Silver Half Dollar
- A 2014-D High Relief Uncirculated Silver Half Dollar
- A 2014-P High Relief Uncirculated Clad Half Dollar
- A 2014-D High Relief Uncirculated Clad Half Dollar
All of the 50th anniversary Kennedy half dollars feature the original higher relief design used for the 1964 Kennedy half dollars. The gold half dollar is further distinguished by the dual dates of 1964 and 2014, reminiscent of the 1776-1976 bicentennial Kennedy half dollar.
NGC has created a special large-sized label to enhance the presentation of these exciting new releases. The NGC label features an iconic portrait of John F. Kennedy, the 35th President of the United States, along with his famous quote: “Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.”
The submission instructions listed below must be followed when submitting the Kennedy 50th anniversary half dollars for regular submissions (including Early Releases/First Releases):
Submission Instructions (Incl. Early Releases/First Releases):
ANA Sales Note: The US Mint will release the 1964-2014-W High Relief Proof Gold Half Dollar and the 2014-P and D High Relief Uncirculated Clad Half Dollars at the ANA show. NGC will designate these coins with the “ANA INAUGURAL RELEASES” pedigree. Clad Half Dollars must be submitted in pairs. Coins must be purchased at the US Mint booth and submitted to NGC at the ANA show to receive this special pedigree. Original purchase receipt required. ANA on-site grading fees are $50 per coin for the clad half dollars and $100 per coin for the gold half dollars. NGC's on-site grading and encapsulation of US coins is from Tuesday, August 5, 2014 to Friday, August 8, 2014 at 12:00 p.m. Regular submissions will be accepted until 12:00 p.m. on Saturday, August 9. Cut off times may change due to submission volumes.
"First Day of Issue" Note: NGC will offer its "FIRST DAY OF ISSUE" designation for 2014 High Relief 50th Anniversary Kennedy Half Dollars that are purchased on the first day of sales. The original US Mint purchase receipt must be included. Please follow the submission instructions and requirements below:
- 2014-P and D High Relief Clad Half Dollars must be received by NGC on or before Monday, July 28, to receive the "First Day of Issue" designation. Select the Early Bird Tier or higher and specify "First Day of Issue" on the submission form. US Mint purchase receipt must be dated July 24.
- 1964-2014-W High Relief Gold Half Dollars must be received by NGC on or before Wednesday, August 6, to receive the "First Day of Issue" designation. Select the WalkThrough Tier and specify "First Day of Issue" on the submission form. US Mint purchase receipt must be dated August 5. If requested by the submitter, NGC will designate the purchase location, as applicable, with: First Day - Chicago ANA, First Day - Philadelphia, First Day - Denver and First Day - Washington, DC . To qualify, coins must be submitted from the purchase location and received by NGC on or before Wednesday, August 6.
Dealers and Elite Collectors Society members should contact Scott Heller at NGC for bulk submissions.
Questions? Contact NGC Customer Service at service@NGCcoin.com or 1-800-NGC-COIN (1-800-642-2646).
Collectors Society paid members can submit their coins directly to NGC. Not an NGC Collectors Society member? Paid memberships start at just $39/year. Join as a Premium member, or upgrade to Premium membership, and you'll receive a coupon to have five coins graded for free. Join today.