The 56th Baldwin's Hong Kong Coin Auction includes Far Eastern coins, world coins, medals and bank notes.
[LONDON, UK] — As dredgers scour the seabeds of Tangasseri harbor in Kollam city, Kerala, India, in the hunt to discover more Chinese coins' London based auctioneers, A. H. Baldwin & Sons Ltd, give buyers as easier way to buy a piece of Chinese monetary history at their 56th Hong Kong Coin Auction of Far Eastern and World Coins, Medals and Banknotes, in association with Ma Tak Wo Munismatic Co Ltd, Hong Kong.
NGC Highlights Include:
- Lot 309 - COINS, CHINA - PROVINCIAL ISSUES Chihli Province: Silver Pattern Tael, Kuang Hsu, Year 33 (1907), Rev three dots in straight line on pearl (Kann 938a; L&M 438; KM Y74). In NGC holder graded MS 61, very rare. ex Dr Norman Jacobs Collection, Baldwin’s – Ma Tak Wo, Hong Kong Coin Auction 44, 27 August 2008, lot 114 from the Åke Lindén Collection. Estimate: US$80,000-100,000.
- Lot 331 - COINS, CHINA - PROVINCIAL ISSUES Manchurian Provinces: Silver 50-Cents, Year 33 (1907) (L&M 488; KM Y211). In NGC holder graded MS 64. Estimate: US$4,500-5,500.
- Lot 458 - COINS, CHINA - PROVINCIAL ISSUES Sinkiang Province, Islamic Republic of Eastern Turkestan: Silver Mace, AH1352 (1933-34), Rev nine-rayed sun (KM Y E39; L&M 774). In NGC holder graded AU 55, rare. Estimate: US$5,000-6,000.
- Lot 612 - COINS, CHINA - COMMUNIST ISSUES Kiangsi Soviet: Silver 20-Cents, 1932, Obv Chinese legend and date, Rev crossed hammer and sickle on Globe between ears of grain (L&M 894; KM Y508). In NGC holder graded MS 63, rare date. Estimate: US $4,000-4,500.
- Lot 621 - COINS, CHINA - PEOPLE’S REPUBLIC People’s Republic: Silver Proof 10-Yuan, 1985, Year of the Ox (KM 119). In NGC holder graded PF 69 ULTRA CAMEO. Estimate: US$800-1,000
- Lot 710 - COINS, CHINA - MEDALS Nye Sze-Chung: Silver Medal, Year 9 (1920), Obv ¾-facing military bust, date below, (Kann pl 189; L&M 954). In NGC holder graded MS 64 Estimate: US$3,000-4,000.
- Lot 710 - COINS, CHINA - MEDALS Nye Sze-Chung: Silver Medal, Year 9 (1920), Obv ¾-facing military bust, date below, (Kann pl 189; L&M 954). In NGC holder graded MS 64. Estimate: US$3,000-4,000.
- Lot 884 - COINS, JAPAN Mutsuhito: Silver Trade Dollar, Meiji 9 (1876) (KM Y14; JNDA 01-12). In NGC holder graded MS 61. Estimate: US$2,000-2,500.
- Lot 928 - COINS, REST OF THE WORLD, Mexico: Silver 8-Reales, 1814/3MoHJ (KM 111). In NGC holder certified “FINE DETAILS REPAIRED”, fine with some repairs, rare. Estimate: US$1,000-1,200.
The auction will be held in the Crystal Conference Centre at the Holiday Inn Golden Mile in Kowloon Hong Kong on Thursday, April 3. Click here to view the auction catalog at www.baldwin.co.uk.
This is a guest article. The thoughts and opinions in the piece are those of their author and are not necessarily the thoughts of the Certified Collectibles Group.