Coins from the set may receive the Birth Set Pedigree and Early Releases designation.
NGC is introducing a new Birth Set pedigree with the US Mint’s introduction of the 2012 Birth Set. This pedigree will be assigned to all five coins included in the sets being submitted for certification. The set will be eligible for Early / First Releases designation if it arrives at NGC in its sealed Birth Set packaging within 30 days of its release. A cutoff date will be posted on the NGC website. Coins in the set include:
- A 2012-S Clad Proof Kennedy Half Dollar
- A 2012-S Cad Proof El Yunque Quarter
- A 2012-S Clad Proof Roosevelt Dime
- A 2012-S Proof Jefferson Nickel
- A 2012-S Proof Lincoln Cent
Because these coins are also available in other sets from the US Mint, special instructions must be followed in order for coins to qualify for the Birth Set pedigree.
- Coins must remain in their US Mint packaging to receive both the pedigree and the Early / First Releases designation.
- All Birth Sets that arrive at NGC during the Early Releases period will automatically be labeled as "Early Releases". To opt out of the Early Releases designation, write "No Early Releases" on the submission form. To receive the First Releases designation, write “First Releases” on the submission form.
- The set must receive the pedigree to be eligible for the Early / First Releases designation.
- The Birth Set pedigree will NOT be available from NGC once the 2012 US Mint Proof Sets are shipped and available in the marketplace. Currently the US Mint has scheduled the sale of 2012 Proof Sets for May 7, 2012.
Dealers should contact NGC for bulk submission instructions and guidelines.
Questions? Contact NGC Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-NGC-COIN (1-800-642-2646).
Collectors Society paid members can submit their sets directly to NGC. Not an NGC Collectors Society member? Paid memberships start at just $39/year. Join today.