The NGC Universal ID is a four digit alphanumeric that groups coins based on a unique combination of date, mintmark, denomination and striking process (MS, PF, or SP). These IDs are a simple organization of all coins prior to variety attribution and grading.
Our research identifies six distinct 1852 proof dimes:
1. PR67 Cameo NGC. Louis E. Eliasberg, Sr. Collection (Bowers and Merena, 5/1996), lot 1144, Phil Kaufman (Heritage, 7/2008), lot 1822.
2. PR66 PCGS. Turtle Rock Collection (Superior Galleries, 2/2008), lot 504.
3. PR65 PCGS. Bowers and Merena (1/1999), lot 1087, Superior (1/2004), lot 216.
4. PR65 NGC. 1995 ANA Auction (Heritage, 8/1995), lot 6031, Bowers and Merena (8/1999), lot 109, Superior Galleries(10/2000), lot 4344, Heritage (1/2007). Lot 876, Heritage (4/2009), lot 2261.
5. PR64 NGC. Heritage (10/2001), lot 6033, possibly from The Allen F. Lovejoy Collection (Stack's, 10/1990), lot 264, Stack's Spring Sale (4/1978), lot 493.
6. PR60 PCGS. The Piedmont Sale (Superior Galleries, 1/1996), lot 1349.
A. Choice Proof. J.S. Morris (3/1947), John Jay Pittman Collection (David Akers, 10/1997), lot 611.
B. Proof. Lorin G. Parmelee Collection (New York Stamp and Coin, 6/1890), per Breen
C. Proof. World's Greatest Collection (Numismatic Gallery, 5/1945), lot 543, Adolph Friedman Collection, 1946 ANA (Numismatic Gallery, 8/1946), lot 273.
D. Proof. 1954 ANA (Federal Coin Exchange), per Breen.
E. Proof. Stack's (10/1981).
Description and Analysis courtesy of Heritage Auctions and may not be republished without written permission.
Use the scroll bar at the bottom of this box to view a summary of the NGC Price Guide, NGC Census, Auction Prices Realized and NGC Registry Scores for each grade.
There was no data found for this Coin.
Click on a price to see historical prices, comparison charts and trends.
A random selection of coins is shown below.
No Images Found
NGC Auction Central Disclaimer